Friday, June 11, 2010

" This is going to be the day "

WOW!!! I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. Almost everyday I would wake up and say to myself "This is going to be the day". 

But then I would find other things to do instead of writing and posting photos. I feel like I have some sort of creative block going on. I hope that goes away after this post...

Well.. I must say the camping trip was an adventure...There was good, bad, pretty, very pretty, scary and just plan old~fashion ick (one of my favorite adjectives)... 

The first place we went was the Ocala National Forest. It is very beautiful there. The name of the campground was Salt Springs. Let me just say "I will not be camping in the woods in Florida when the temperature is HOT!!!" I'm just say-in... 

We saw all kinds of creatures and had some attached to our bodies not by choice (such as TICKS) Eeeeek!!! and definitely YUCK... 

Here are a few photos...with the exception of a Coral Snake that Randy almost stepped on, and we did not have our camera with us...

A Rattle Snake, that was very big and fat with his tail rattling. He was getting ready to eat a squirrel for dinner when we stumbled across him. Which now, made him angry with us. VERY!!!!  I did have my camera for this little adventure but my batteries were dead ~ go figure. By the time I got them changed with shaking hands he was long gone...


There will be no pictures of the Ticks!!! You will just have to trust me on this one girls... They were in places you could not even imagine and would not want too...



Next stop was St. Augustine Beach... Waaaay better camping for yours truly!!!
More pictures to be posted next time we meet...



1 comment:

  1. Was beginning to think you got lost or worse on your camping trip. It has been so long without a post.
    Glad you came back alive ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Katie XoXo