Monday, June 14, 2010

Lamp Shade Project...


I woke up this morning, thinking I needed to do some sort of small project. And this is what I came up with...

The little lamp on this end table had a very ugly burgundy lamp shade (with stains), that  I have looked at for about 17 years!!! Why so long?! I have absolutely no idea...

I had gone on a "Girls Trip" to Blowing Rock, NC and found this in a clearance section for next to nothing. 

So...of course I had to buy it. With every intention, of covering the shade with pretty fabric when I returned home. 

Yes...I most definitely admit to being  "The Queen of Procrastination."

The fabric I used was from a king size pillow slip (Ralph Lauren).  I had found at GoodWill.  I don't have king size pillows ~ so I made the pillow slip a standard size, and used the left over fabric for the shade...

Have a Great Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Now that lamp shade looks more like you ;) It never quite fit before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Katie XoXo