Friday, November 17, 2017

HomeMade Cashew Butter with Vanilla Bean...


I have been totally obsessed with making my own nut~butters lately. Not sure if it's because it's way cheaper than buying ready made or if it's just a fun science project.
My first attempt was with a walnut butter, but now I have to say, I like this cashew butter better. Try saying that a few times in a row! Cashew butter better cashew butter better cashew butter better... 
Ok that's enough! You get where I was going with that. Right?
Maybe the reason I like this butter better is because cashews definitely don't have that lingering after taste that the walnuts have.


This is a fast ready in minutes recipe. There are just five simple ingredients!

Ingredients

16 oz raw whole cashews, mine were from Trader Joe's
2 tbs. melted/organic coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, all the seeds from inside
1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt

Instructions

In a high~powered blender (I used a commercial strength food processor) blend all ingredients to the desired texture. 
Total time for me was about 15 minutes. Stopping periodically to scrap the sides and do a little taste testing. This is where you can add more coconut oil, if your butter seems a little dry and more Himalayan salt if you think it's needed.

Yields

Approximately 12 oz or 1.5 cups




Notes

You can use roasted cashews, if you prefer. The flavor will be a bit more intense than using the raw cashews.

Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

 I actually keep ours on the kitchen island because we like that smooth creamy texture better! I'm also guilty of just eating it right off the spoon! Yum...

It will last longer in the refrigerator, but ours goes pretty quickly around here. So no need to refrigerate. 

It will stay good for one month on your counter or three months if kept in refrigerator.

Using the seeds from a vanilla bean really does give it an amazing flavor. Almost like a cookie dough  flavor! Omg yum...



Hope you will enjoy this cashew butter as much as we do!


            

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good ... surprised how easy it sounds to make.
    Now, where's my food processor, can't remember unpacking it when I moved ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi... Thank you for the sweet comment! It is extremely easy and the flavor is amazing. The seeds from the vanilla bean gives it such an awesome flavor! XoXo

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Katie XoXo