Wednesday, October 18, 2017

HomeMade Walnut Butter...




For awhile now, I have been really wanting to make my own almond, cashew and/or walnut butter. 

I know a lot of people (my husband being one of them) are not big lovers of walnuts. They have this lingering after taste, that you just might not like. I don't mind it, but I do know what they are talking about.

But here's the thing about walnuts... That make them a fabulous nut to choose. Walnuts are rich in Omega~3 fats and antioxidants! Walnuts also have the ability to improve your metabolism, help in controlling diabetes and help as a mood booster.  I'm thinking we all could use a little bit of help in that department. Because life can be really hard at times. 

You can't go wrong in choosing walnuts to eat as a snack, sprinkle on a salad or just making a walnut butter to go on your apples or toast in the morning. Maybe even try spreading walnut butter on a rice cake with chopped apples on top and sprinkled with cinnamon. Yum!


The little hand~stamped peanut butter knife is available in my Etsy Shop!


This is a fast ready in minutes recipe. There are just five simple ingredients!

Ingredients

2 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
2 tbs. organic, raw honey
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tbs. melted, coconut oil
1/4 tsp. salt

Instructions

In a high~powered blender (I used a Vita~Mix) blend all ingredients to a desired texture.

Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Yield

Approximately 8 oz. or 1 cup

Hope you enjoy this little treat as much as we I did! LoL

                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! Katie XoXo