Monday, August 2, 2010

My Little Sewing Nook...

I just had two weeks vacation and it was fabulous!!! I did not go to any far away and exciting places. I just stayed close to home and did some major cleaning and tried out some of my organizational skills, which I must admit, I forget I have at times. Breakfast was first on my list, while I was trying to get a idea of what I wanted to do for that day...


While eating these delicious blackberries, I had to look at some of my favorite blogs and that is where I got my project for the day. So thank you very much Rebecca for my inspiration!!! Her blog is called A Gathering of Thoughts. Very, very pretty and a must see...
The next couple of pictures are a little, no a lot, frightening. Honestly, I can't believe I'm actually showing them to you!!! I just thought it would be fun to see the before and after...

 

Wow... What a mess!!! Right?! I'm sorry, but you had to see "that" before you could see "this"...







The switch plate on the wall is just a white plastic cover, that I covered with a pretty napkin and mod podge...





It's a very quick and easy project. You can find some really pretty napkins in Home Goods/TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Tuesday Mornings...






So much better to look at!!! Right?! And now I love sewing in my little nook...

XoXo


2 comments:

  1. Katie I was blog hopping and found you! Didn't want to blog stalk so thought I'd say hello! I liked your post about the day you spent with your daughter too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked here via the metamorphis monday and thought your sewing area looked very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Katie XoXo