Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Outside Won...


My big decision today was... "Should I do some cleaning inside the house or maybe the outside could use a little loving." The outside won...


I bought this basil about 2 weeks ago. Figured I better put it in the ground, where I want it to live before it takes root elsewhere.



Love my clumping bamboo mixed with a very fragrant jasmine vine. They are hiding a very ugly chain link fence...



Gardenia's that also need a home, other than the pot they came in...


Trying to hide the chain link fence once again with a pink alamanda vine...


Todd looking for lizards to terrorize play with...


This is a frangipani tree. They are very easy to grow! Their flowers come in lots of colors. Pinks, reds, yellows, whites, and I have even seen 2 different colors on one tree! It's a slow growing tree, but well worth the wait. They also are very easy to start on your own. By just breaking off a branch, and putting in the ground. Some say you must let the branch dry out for a few days first, but I have done both ways, with the same great results. I probably have 6 of these trees around my yard, and haven't had to buy one yet...


Just an air plant that I found walking on a sidewalk in Delray Beach. It gets a pretty red and yellow flower from time to time...


Can you see the very green baby iguana looking down from the avocado tree? He seems to have taken up residence there. I told him if he starts eating my avocados he will definitely be evicted...


My little red fox! Not really... He is Olivia's very very naughty dog. His name is "Mogley" from the Disney movie Jungle Book. We also call him "Bigels", "So Handsome" and an assortment of other names. I'm not really sure why he has so many names, but the little guy knows and comes to all of them...

2 comments:

  1. Katie, you live in a beautiful tropical jungle! How did you work in the heat!? I was going to spray down the front of the house today...So I went outside and I thought ....Maybe tomorrow LOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden is amazing and oh so green! how fun to live in Florida and be able to grow such lush stuff! it's a hot, dry desert out here right now. even my lavender shriveled in this heat, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Katie XoXo