These are such a fast, easy and fun cookie to make or are they a candy? Hhmmm... Whatever they are. They are definitely yummy! Thank you to my sweet friend Lisa, for sharing her delicious recipe with me.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) package Wilton Candy Melts, melted
- Sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Crush cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor (cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin), place in medium bowl. Add softened cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 little balls, about 1-inch in diameter and place on parchment paper cookie sheet, place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate following directions on packaging (any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use). Dip balls into chocolate. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles in freezer or refrigerator in a covered container. These do taste better cold. Enjoy!