Friday, March 9, 2018

Sugared Berries...



Hello...  My other name is, "Procrastination at its Finest."
Have we met before?!

One of the reasons I'm telling you this little secret about me...
Is I absolutely love the look of sugared berries and have wanted to try making them for many many many years now! When I say MANY, I'm seriously thinking probably way over 25 years! Now that's some crazy a.. procrastination! Right?

So when I decided I was going to make a Naked Cake {which I never have made before} for my oldest daughters birthday. I needed something very pretty for the top of the cake and fresh flowers with sugared berries won!




Ingredients

Fresh blueberries, raspberries and or blackberries

Egg whites

Granulated sugar

Two small bowls | fork and spoon

Parchment paper or a silpat mat


Instructions

Whisk the egg whites for about 30 seconds.

Then just gently drop your berries into the egg whites, scoop out with a fork, so the extra egg whites will drip off.

Then place berries in your granulated sugar and completely coat them with the sugar.

Place on a tray that is lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat to dry.

The drying time depends on the size of your berries and the thickness of the egg whites and sugar.

I made mine the day before I needed them and that worked out perfect.

The berries really only stay good for about 24 hours | While drying place in a cool area | Do not refrigerator.




These sugared berries are super easy to make and the crunchy little coating makes them even more delicious!

I definitely will be making these again, to go on top of some pretty summer desserts.  Let me know how your sugared berries turn out and if you have any questions, please ask!


                                                 

2 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Birthday Cake!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really was fun to make! I was expecting it to be a lot more difficult... XoXo

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Katie XoXo