I have just come to the realization that every week I go to the farmers market and buy a bunch of very pretty yellow bananas. Basically, to just throw away at the end of the week. I buy them thinking I will get up every morning/or at least some mornings. Ok..ok... maybe just 1 morning would be nice... to make a very delicious and possibly healthy smoothie for me or my family. For some reason the smoothie making does not happen! The days I work I'm up by 5:30am and out the door by 6:30am. Coffee cup in hand. Breakfast of champs, right? The days I don't work I'm usually up by 7:00am. Coffee cup in hand and still no smoothie to be seen or heard of. Today I was going to make something other than a smoothie with these very brown, almost black bananas...
- 1 box golden vanilla cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3 medium bananas, mashed (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 package (6 oz) toffee chips (1 cup), or miniature chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Place paper baking cups in each of the 36 regular size muffin cups.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and almond extract with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Beat in bananas until smooth. Stir in toffee chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown; immediately remove from pan and place on a cooling rack.